Technology and Security Analyst Internship in High Growth Cybersecurity Software Company
Who We Are
Work with one of the most innovative, fastest growing cybersecurity software companies in Atlanta. Apptega is cybersecurity management software that helps companies of all sizes build, manage and report their cybersecurity programs. Our customers say we’re the Salesforce.com for cybersecurity. We’re located at ATDC, Atlanta’s premiere high tech start-up center in Tech Square in midtown Atlanta and you'll have the opportunity to work with a seasoned team of entrepreneurs to help build a great company. Our team has experience building some of the largest brands in the Atlanta technology ecosystem and you’ll be working side by side with them each day.
What We’re Looking For
We’re seeking a technology and security rock star who wants to take their career to the next level by supporting the security and engineering team with new product enhancements and internal security program activities. From testing new features and reviewing security policies to supporting key technology integrations and assessing internal security controls, the ideal candidate will be comfortable with people, process, and technology and willing to learn about the complex world of security compliance and cybersecurity.
A Day in the life...
- You’ll help review new security policies, procedures, guidelines, and related documentation for completeness and accuracy before release to our customers
- Contribute to product discussions and add valuable feedback from a functional, UI, and UX standpoint as new features are released to our customers
- Test new product releases in a development environment prior to release into production
- Learn about the many regulatory requirements mandated by the Payment Card Industry, European Union, AICPA, ISO, NIST, and more.
- Support the assessment and maturity of our internal security program by measuring current controls against industry requirements, identifying gaps, and supporting the remediation process.
What You’ll Need to Be Successful
A Technical and Analytical Mindset
- Firm understanding of technology fundamentals, systems connectivity, protocols, etc.
- Basic knowledge of cloud technologies (AWS, Azure AD, Google Cloud Platform)
- Ability to read and interpret security regulatory requirements (PCI DSS, ISO, NIST, GDPR, etc.)
- Experience testing functional requirements is a plus
- Ability to view, analyze, and report on large data sets in Microsoft Excel
- Ability to analyze data and develop actionable insights for testing iterations
Exceptional writing skills with the ability to craft compelling copy quickly
- Experience writing security organizational policies and procedures, both short-form (overview content) and long-form (full policy documentation)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Ability to work in a “Scrappy Startup” culture, where dreaming big, rapid execution and having fun is the norm
- Ability to execute independently, yet collaboratively while leveraging your past experiences and playbooks
- Hard-working self-starter able to navigate a fast-paced environment while still providing attention to detail and approaching tasks conscientiously
- A passion for staying current on future marketing trends and being involved in the local marketing community
- Self-sufficient, capable of working in small teams with a lot of responsibility, and comfortable taking direction, taking risks, and treating mistakes as learning opportunities
Qualifications, Training, and Experience:
- Undergraduate students majoring in Information Technology, Cybersecurity, Management Information Systems, Computer Information Systems, Business, or equivalent.
- Experience or familiarity working on technology teams
- Strong GPA and undergraduate course curriculum (preferably above 3.0 GPA)
- Must be available full-time for the duration of the 2019 summer season.
- Certifications are a plus! (CompTIA A+, Security+, or equivalent)
- Experience in a leadership position is a plus
Apptega is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for positions, hired and trained based on their qualifications and experience, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, genetics, disability, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by applicable federal, state or local laws. EEO is the law. See EEO guidelines HERE.